Pages

Saturday, July 6, 2013

Back to School A+ Shopping Finds Linky Party

This is my first linky party, so let's hope I get it right!



You know you said at the start of June you weren't going to do any school stuff this summer, just enjoy it. Well, for so many of us, getting ready for the next school year is enjoyable. I, personally, love it! I am changing my classroom decor from safari to STEM robots. I have been looking everywhere for things to match my Riveting Robots decor from Creative Teaching Press.


There is tons of the robot set and I LOVE it! Click on the picture above to see all that Creative Teaching press has for this set.

Well, if I change the class decor, I have to change all of my organization stuff, too. The colors from my safari stuff just doesn't match, and let's face it, if you know me, I have to have it match!

I have found all sorts of things for my room to go with this, but what I really needed was folders in bright colors that seemed sturdy enough to handle daily use. My favorite are the plastic durable folders, but those are hard to find around here and the colors don't match perfectly. While I was in Dollar Tree looking for 4th of July necklaces for the kids, I just happened to wander into the teaching isle. I found these cute, bright folders! They are sturdy, have 2 inside pockets (no brads), and come in 6 great matching colors (well, 5 of the colors match, but I will ALWAYS make an exception for pink!).

They have this cute swirl texture design, and a thin layer of plastic around the outside. They even have holes to put in binders if needed. They were $1 at Dollar Tree in the DFW Texas area. Did you know that at DollarTree.com you can buy mass quantities, like 24, 36, and such? So if you needed a class set or something, you may try that instead of trying to go to a couple of Dollar Tree stores.

These will be great in my think tank tubs!

Have you found a great teacher find? Link up and share it!


2 comments:

  1. Oooo. I like those folders. I can never have enough folders. Welcome to blogging! Isn't it fun? I love it and have made so many new teacher friends! Thank you for hooking up to my link party! Your readers can find it at this link: http://teachingwithmoxie.blogspot.com/2013/07/the-time-has-come.html

    Diane
    Teaching With Moxie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Diane! I am having a lot of fun and getting to see so many great ideas from others. It really gets me excited about all the new things to try this year! Thanks for starting the Linky!

    ReplyDelete