Pages

Saturday, August 31, 2013

SLANT and People Crayons

So someone came to our front door today, which we hardly ever open unless it is for pizza or someone who doesn't normally come over, and my SLANT box had arrived! Pam from Moments to Teach has sent me a great box full of wonderful tools to help me get started with my anchor charts adventure.


Look at all these awesome goodies! Thanks, Pam! I cannot wait to use it! 

Also, since it was 102F before noon today, my sweet 3 year old and I had a craft day. We made people crayons. We have made these before, but we made disk shapes. Here is what we used. 


You don't have to use crayola, but they work much better than other brands, especially if you mix colors. 

So we took the paper off all the crayons and broke them into pieces. Each person had 2 crayons worth of wax. 


Then we cooked them for 16 minutes at 250F. We let them cool for 30 minutes before I popped them out and an hour before we used them. 



Both my 3 year old and my 1 year old enjoyed using them, and they could grip them really well in a people shape. We had so much fun we had to make more, so we searched the house for two more packs of crayons and made mixed people. 


We just broke them all into little pieces in a bowl and filled all the people. We still used 48 crayons to make 24 people. 


We had fun, and it was so easy! Who won't like coloring with multicolored people?

5 comments:

  1. That is so fun! I totally want to make them - and I have no 3 year old to help.
    -Lisa
    Grade 4 Buzz

    ReplyDelete
  2. Where can I get a gingerbread man cookie sheet thingy like that???? My littler people will love this come mid-year when all our crayons are broken in half!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Brenda, I got mine from Wal-Mart for $10, and they are the Wilton Gingerbread Man Silicone Pan. It is on Amazon.com, too.
      http://www.amazon.com/Wilton-Silicone-24-Cavity-Gingerbread-Mold/dp/B004CYEM8Q/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1378145925&sr=8-1&keywords=wilton+gingerbread+silicone

      Caitlin

      Delete
  3. Glad you liked your stuff! Good luck with your anchor chart adventures!!

    And those look like fun crayons! I love reusing old crayons like that. :)

    - Pam @ Moments to Teach

    ReplyDelete